Work for Hornet

Hornet representatives (Hornet Reps), under the supervision of the Hornet Management Team are responsible for the first line support/resolution of all wired and wireless issues reported in University of Manchester Halls of residence. Hornet Reps are expected to provide first line trouble shooting of issues via the Hornet problem management system and visiting users to inspect their devices.

You don't have to be a computer genius to work for Hornet. You need to be interested in the job, be prepared to learn new things and able to commit to the role. Applicants for the role are required to hold a position in a Hornet provided hall for the academic year applied for.

If you would like to apply for a role on the Hornet team, please E-mail with your CV, covering letter and providing the name of the hall of residence you have applied for.

This is a flexible part time paid role which can fit around your studies.

Students holding Tier 4 Visa Status are eligible to apply for the Hornet Representative role but must ensure they comply with the weekly working hours restrictions as per their visa. Further details on Tier 4 Visa status and working in the UK are detailed in the Find out More - Tier 4 Visa Information link above.

University employees holding a Tier 2 - Certificate of Sponsorship Visa for a substantive role are unable to be considered for an additional Hornet Representative appointment.

Full time University of Manchester staff are ineligible to apply for this position.

All new applicants must have a position in Hornet provided halls of residence for the accademic year they apply for.